Do not miss out the amazing historical site near the central of Ho Chi Minh City. Cu Chi tunnels is a complicated system underground. Your visit is not just about trying the actual tunnel which is small but also knowing the great value of history of Vietnam war.
Frist of all, we would like to take note about transportation. Many ways to transfer from Ho Chi Minh central to Cu Chi. By local taxi, it is already whenever you want but you have to pay per km and maybe surcharge. By bus, maybe cheaper, but you can not stop on the way. Therefore, we decided using Saigon Private Taxi Transfer Service. Stop on the way, only pay per way and friendly driver are good points of Saigon Private Taxi.
Upon arrival at the Cu Chi Tunnels after 1,5 hours for transfer, join in the tour:
- Watch a short film to know about history of tunnels and the horrors of war.
- Listen our guide talk about how the tunnels work and visit command center.
- Enjoy local food, it is named steamed tapioca.
- Explore Hoang Cam smoke-less stove.
- Explore the fighting bunkers, dangerous booby traps and visit rice paper workshop.
- Try to fire off a gun (50,000vnd/60 mins – 3,000vnd/per bullet)
Besides, there are three places you must try famous local foods. You can ask
- Minh Quy pork noddle: far from An Suong Bridge about 7km. It is full of pax, so you have to come there early if you want to try it.
- Xuan Dao heifers: on 22 National Highway.
- Durian sugarcane juice: far from An Suong Bridge about 3km.
You can see and book like our tour at: https://saigonprivatetaxi.com/cu-chi-tunnels-tour-half-day/